Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update: February 29

Last night a dear friend, mentor, associate pastor and 'grandma' went to see Jesus.  It was a sudden death and really shook and surprised everyone.  


She left an incredible legacy of love, laughter and how Christians should daily live out Christ love... Everyone who met her fell in love with 'Grandma Pie' and felt welcomed, like family.  She encouraged everyone, filled every possible need she could and was always doing something to help the helpless, feed the hungry and serve the poor.  I don't think anyone will be able to do what she did in the community.  She really took the church outside the building, like Jesus would have.


She supported me on my missions trips, always made me laugh, taught me so much about Christ's love and I have many fond memories of her. 


Stanwood will not be the same without your contagious smile, you will be dearly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment