Saturday, March 10, 2012

Update: March 9th

Today I went to go see Dr. Seuss film, The Lorax, which is all about saving the trees, but I can see it as a pro-life movement, just like Horton Hears a Who- "A persons a person, no matter how small".   


At the end of the film, a quote came up on the screen that caught my attention... 

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." (Dr. SeussThe Lorax)
This quote speaks to me- unless I do something in combating abortion, nothing is going to change in my generation.   Because if everyone says someone else will do something, then nothing will change.   Unless we act and pray and fast, about 4,000 babies will die a day (Ok, to put that number into perspective.  On a super duper clear night, you can only see about 2,000 stars with your naked eye.  Now double that number and you get the amount of babies murdered, in one day!)  We must combine action with our words.  Gone are the days of being on the fence.  You are either pro-life or pro-abortion.  


At one point, the Lorax says, “I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” (Dr. Seuss)
How easily I can change the wording... "I am Anna, I speak for the unborn.  I speak for the babies who have no voice"  Just like the Lorax was sadden by the death of the trees, we should be the ones crying out and saying "enough!" over the death of 54 million babies in our nation!

Now... Some of you might be thinking I'm going a little over the top about abortion, but innocent blood shed is one thing the Lord hates.

"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him:
17
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 
a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 
a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." - Proverbs 6:16-19


Jesus I pled Your blood over my sins and the sins of my nation.  God end abortion and send revival!

No comments:

Post a Comment